The Trifecta Of Growing a Business
by Mike J. Agugliaro
Learn about the three primary components of growing a business and how you can use them to explode your service business. Discover the real reason you are in business and why you are thinking about sales all wrong. Find out what it means to really lead from the front, and how get your team on board with your vision for the future.
Key Lessons Learned:
- Ask yourself what could go wrong. It’s possible for your creative idea to cost you a million dollars if you don’t think about the risks involved.
- You have to do your due diligence with everything you try in your business. The bigger you get, the more you have to lose.
- If you’re going to be a coach in this world, make sure you have the success and the scars to share, then take on the ethical responsibility and know that you are playing with someone’s life.
- Business and life is not easy, it takes honest work and plenty of effort to achieve anything worthwhile.
Growing a Business
- There are three components to growing a business: marketing, sales, and leadership.
- Every business is in the business of marketing. You should understand the difference between the psychology of marketing and persuasion.
- Marketing is different for each business, just because it worked for one does not mean it will work for your business. Diversify your marketing and don’t rely on one platform for everything.
- Make a list of all the marketing vehicles you could consider. If you don’t have a list, you are just going to be sold by what other people have. Evaluate your list, pick what might work for you but choose based off of ROI and test out the results. Avoid long term contracts.
- When measuring ROI you have to measure results at the beginning of the process, not at the end.
- You have to come at sales from a serving perspective first. If you’re amazing, people buy amazing. The greatest sales people in the world don’t have to convince anyone of anything.
- Be relentless in trying to achieve better results for your business and your customers.
- You have to lead your people. Are you leading by example or are you leading by force?
- You must always look for the skill sets you don’t have now that will grow your business to the next level. Every $5 million there is another level of understanding and evolution.
- Your team should be growing your business with you. How can you implement new levels of achievement with a team that isn’t evolving? Your business will always lower to the lowest level of mindset in your business.
- Master something at a level that you can understand.
- Find someone that is willing to teach and who you are willing to learn from.
- If you don’t reflect on your life, you will end up living through the same cycles of success and failure over and over again.
- The only difference between confrontation and conversation is the emotion you attach to it.
- The results you have are the results you deserve.
- If you don’t evolve as a person, how can you expect to become successful as a person?
- Your belief system is either holding you back or pushing you forward. Ask questions when you’re learning new things and try to get to the why and the how of what you’re hearing.
Links To Resources Mentioned
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe and leave a 5-star rating and review in iTunes!
Here are a few different ways to catch the episode:
– Listen on iTunes (Apple)
– Listen on Stitcher (Andriod)