Mike Agugliaro explains how to actually learn new skills and why so many people can’t seem to succeed in life and business. When it comes to growth, people are often stuck in place because of their unconscious habits. Learn how to face the truth so that you can change and create the success you’ve always wanted.
Key Lessons Learned:
Learning New Skills
- You have to listen through the lines to really learn what someone is speaking about. If you aren’t taking notes on the action items, you’re not getting the value you could be.
- You have to be willing to do what needs to be done to be successful.
- If you’re going to go travel to hear someone speak, you’ve got to come away with something that is going to change the game for you.
- You should be curious about yourself rather than judging other people’s position or status. What got you to where you are will not get you to where you want to go.
- As humans, we tend to inflate things. When things are “good”, it usually means less than good.
- Luck is a component to success but it’s not everything, it takes hard work and dedication.
- Look at the super successful people that you admire, and study their habits. Learn what they are doing and how they achieved what they have. Success leaves clues.
- Information is everywhere now. The internet has changed the game and you can learn virtually everything.
- “Applied knowledge is power.”
- The difference between the ultra-successful, the ultra-wealthy and everyone else is belief.
- The number one thing that prevents success is people will usually invest in things rather than investing in themselves and learning new skills.
- Marketing, sales, and leadership are the main areas of life and business that you need to focus on if you want to grow and succeed.
- You just have to be a little bit better as a leader than you were yesterday. Focus on the incremental gains and you will win each day one at a time.
- When you get honest with yourself, you can change. The lie is preventing you from getting what you really want. Come to grips with the lie and you can improve.
Links To Resources Mentioned
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe and leave a 5-star rating and review in iTunes!