Recruiting: Change Your Mind, Change Your Future
by Mike J. Agugliaro
Mike Agugliaro talks about the key secrets behind recruiting the best talent in the world for your business. Learn how to transform your business by adjusting your mindset, increasing the stakes on yourself, and being absolutely relentless.
Key Lessons Learned:
Learning New Things
- Like how an artist needs to find their way through things, some entrepreneurs are afraid of learning.
- Failure isnâ€™t as big a fear as the uncertainty of learning something new.
- Video is huge right now, but why donâ€™t more business owners start using it to their advantage?
- If Mike was too afraid to speak his message when he got started, he would never have had the opportunity to grow.
- How often should you recruit? If your answer is always, what does always look like?
- Weak owner, weak recruiting.
- Do your employees trust your commitment to delivery?
- Rule number one is people want to work with and for strong people.
- Business owners are more worried about the boat they are going to buy than the solution to the problem in front of them.
- If youâ€™re not a powerful leader, you canâ€™t be a powerful recruiter. Your reputation travels fast.
- People are attracted to passion, power, and purpose.
- Your company has to look like the company that someone would want to work for.
- Investing in your business and investing in yourself is the best investment you can make. If you want to be the best in the world, you have to invest in your education.
- If you wait for your business to pay for everything, you will never be in a position to grow. Everyone has excuses around money but there is always a way, you just have to be willing to put in the work.
- You have to understand your avatar who you want to hire. If you are working to recruit people, you have to know who you want to attract. Take your best employee and use them as a model.
- Most business owners are not marketers, your ads, copy, and pictures have to talk to your avatar.
- If youâ€™re going to say something, it has to be true.
- You have to be relentlessly diversified. You cannot just recruit on Facebook, find every site you can recruit for free on and take advantage of them. Talk to everybody, there is no substitute for being relentless.
- Your existing customer database is your best source for recruiting excellent talent. Everybody knows somebody.
- You can recruit with very little cost involved, you need more than money, you need massive focus and leverage. Up the stakes and the pain of not accomplishing your task and the reward of success and you will put in the work.
- If you say to yourself â€śthere are no good guysâ€ť all the time, your brain will turn that into reality. Your beliefs shape your reality.
- If someone is paying to recruit, it comes off as desperate.
Links To Resources Mentioned
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe and leave a 5-star rating and review in iTunes!