Understand the importance of key performance indicators with Larry Enright.
Tuesday, November, 1st, 2016 at 6:00 am by Mike J. Agugliaro
In this week’s episode of the CEO Warrior Podcast, Mike Agugliaro interviews Larry Enright. Larry is the mind behind Sky Boss, a cloud based back end office software tailored specifically for service based businesses.
Main Questions Asked:
- What is the dilemma you discovered when talking to service companies?
- Explain the importance of key performance indicators?
- How do you see technology is going to change how we communicate with our customers?
- What are your thoughts on some of the more cutting edge technologies?
- What did you learn about finding great opportunities?
- How do you manage the entrepreneurial mindset?
- What kind of tools do you use to manage your time?
- What kinds of things would you tell business owners to stop doing?
- What would you tell business owners to think about for the next few years?
Key Lessons Learned:
- Software developers don’t really understand the tiny details that service companies need when it comes to software.
- All service companies need systems, building them can be a challenge.
- What worked before isn’t very likely to work today or in the future, you have to be able to evolve and adapt.
- Delegate tasks to people you trust. Think about how you can get something done faster, cheaper, or more effectively.
- Eliminate the tasks that are the biggest time wasters, your time is valuable. Treat it that way.
- Most companies are unaware of their key performance indicators.
- Numbers are how you benchmark things and then improve.
- What gets measured gets managed.
- How can you know where your company is going without knowing the numbers that indicate your progress.
- New technology will change the way we interact considerably.
- Technology will advance, the question is will you keep up.
- Look at technology and ask yourself how you can incorporate it into your business.
- Having a Facebook page is only the first step, you have to take action.
- What used to be thought impossible is now commonplace, you can’t rule out everything when it comes to new technology.
- Customer data has become more important to success.
- Mindset is more than setting a goal, you have to believe you will achieve it too.
- Many people don’t know what being truly focuses actually means.
- Your experiences up to the age of 16 determine your operating system for life.
- You have to commit to change and embrace it. Don’t fear the technology, give it a chance because the upside is so high and the downside is so low.
- Build the relationships and the money will come.
- Entrepreneurs are builders.
- Don’t read the whole book, stop and then implement.
- Stop procrastinating.
- Change is coming, be ready for it.
- Prepare for the future.
- Be a part of something larger than yourself.
- Take massive action.
- When writing an email, tell the person what you want them to do.
- Don’t reject what you don’t understand.
- Have patience, changing something like a business takes time.
Links To Resources Mentioned
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe and leave a 5-star rating and review in iTunes!
P.S. – Are you SERIOUS about no longer treading water and MOVE your business forward WARRIOR STYLE? Find out more about Mike’s Warrior FAST TRACK Academy!