In this week’s episode of The CEO Warrior Podcast, Mike Agugliaro interviews Justin Christianson. Justin is a father, husband, speaker, and entrepreneur. Justin is the best selling author of Conversion Fanatic and the co-founder of conversionfanatics.com.
Main Questions Asked:
- What is the big issue facing companies when it comes to conversion optimization?
- Why is it important to know your marketing metrics?
- How do we get started with tracking?
- What is optimizing?
- Where should we start to begin optimizing?
- What are some of the hurdles you’ve noticed in the business world?
- How do you manage and avoid distractions?
- Are there any productivity tools you use?
- What are some of the things in technology we should be paying attention to?
- How has communication changed?
- What would you tell entrepreneurs to keep in mind for the next few years?
Key Lessons Learned:
- Small companies can beat bigger companies with a good strategy.
- The internet has leveled the playing field.
- Digital marketing evolves rapidly, it’s easy to fall behind.
- You have to market by the numbers.
- Traffic is the first important factor, optimization is the second.
- Without optimizing, the traffic is wasted.
- Quality content is what drives social engagement.
- If you’re in business without tracking your important metrics, you probably bleeding money.
- Google Analytics is free and available to everyone that can track all your important metrics.
- Two metrics are especially important to your business.
- How much does it cost to acquire a lead/customer.
- How much are those leads/customers worth.
- The company that can spend the most to acquire a customer will win.
- Testing your business practices to reduce the cost to acquire a lead can mean the difference between success and failure.
- Optimizing means finding the path of least resistance for your customer. Removing friction points.
- The better you understand the needs and wants of your customer, the easier it is to optimize.
- Split testing means testing your assumptions about what works.
- You can split test virtually anything. Headlines, colors, wording, button placement.
- Small changes can create a huge return on investment.
- Sometimes optimizing can involve reducing your system and simplifying instead of trying something new.
- Analyze your current metrics.
- Analyze how users are interacting with your site with heat maps and conversations.
- Create a hypothesis and begin testing different variables.
- Track the results and implements what works.
- Continue testing forever.
- Try not to overcomplicate things.
- Hire slow, fire fast. Finding the best people is vital.
- The difference between an A player and a B player can be huge.
- Hire before you need someone.
- Effective communication is one of the most important factors between clients and within an organization.
- We live in a noisy world, avoiding distractions is as important as doing good work.
- Reduce clutter, physically and digitally.
- Ad costs are rising, you have to consistently optimize your marketing message in order to stand out.
- Sometimes the most difficult times occur right before you succeed.
- Writing by hand can help you form ideas.
- Slack can help your team stay on track and communicate with each other.
- Social media, whatever network your avatar is on, is the easiest way to create a connection.
- Being available can make you stand out.
- Use social channels to reach your customers in an approachable way.
- Simple gestures like a phone call to a customer can make a major difference to your business.
- Care a little more than everybody else.
- Persistence pays off, don’t let hard times stop you from achieving your dream.
- Have an understanding of your important numbers. Test your assumptions. Measure your results. Test again.
- Always be recruiting.
- Deliver great quality content!
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe and leave a 5-star rating and review in iTunes!
Links to Resources Mentioned
P.S. – Are you SERIOUS about no longer treading water and MOVE your business forward WARRIOR STYLE? Find out more about Mike’s Warrior FAST TRACK Academy!
P.P.S. – Jeff feels this experience is going to improve his whole life! WARRIOR FAST TRACK ACADEMY TESTIMONIAL.