Changing Your Professional Or Personal World
by Mike J. Agugliaro
The saying that knowledge is power isn’t quite right. It should really be “applied knowledge is power.” If there is was something you could change in your world, what would it be and what would you do if you could make those changes today? Listen to Mike Agugliaro describe a new model for setting targets and transforming your life.
Key Lessons Learned:
- Information is powerful but is has to be actionable if it’s going to make an impact on your life.
- Changing the world doesn’t have to mean the global world, it can just mean your personal and professional world.
- The problem is many people encounter a problem and then blame the world for it.
- The Life/Business Balance doesn’t exist. Business is a component of your life, you just have to find a way to make everything fit together.
- You need clarity on your targets if you want them to mean anything.
- You need to know what you want to accomplish as well as be clear what that means specifically.
- Make your target laser clear. Set a date, a time, a number, a metric that can be measured.
- If you can’t write it on one line, you probably aren’t clear enough on your target.
- You have to make a decision before you can take action. There are many levels of decision, don’t make lip service to the idea. Commit.
- You don’t need to know the “how” when you set your target, you just need to know the “what”.
- Once you make a decision, you need to execute on it. Your effort on commitment is only the first step, you need to put the same level of effort into your execution.
- If you want to achieve your target, you must also be consistent in your level of execution.
- The times in your life where you feel stuck will always be a time where you are not clear, consistent, or executing.
Thinking and Growing
- You have to think about an action before you can take it, action is comprised of activities in the direction of your target.
- Shiny objects are pulling you away from the actions and activities that will drive you forward.
- When you take action and thinking steps, your world begins to expand.
- When you get results, you discover a realization about yourself and what you’ve achieved. You can’t get results without taking action and activities.
Links To Resources Mentioned
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe and leave a 5-star rating and review in iTunes!