Best Business Practices for 2015
by Mike J. Agugliaro
At CEO Warrior, we are constantly staying on top of upcoming trends and best practices to help your HVAC, plumbing, and electrical business achieve market domination. As 2014 comes to a close, now is the best time to evaluate the future of your success.
Here are five best practices that will improve your business in 2015:
1. Customer engagement: I know you’re busy running your business and managing employees, but providing stand-out service to your customers cannot be ignored. People are becoming more appreciative of personal attention, and they often feel like just another number to businesses. Engage with your customers on all touch points, including phone calls, social media, and home service visits.
2. Optimize your website for mobile usage: Your business and its website should be optimized for mobile usage. With a responsive website, users will be able to navigate your page from any platform, whether on a tablet or smartphone. If you do not adapt to this, you are going to miss out on serious revenue opportunities from potential customers.
3. Ongoing training: Investing in continuous training will empower employees, advance their skillsets, and help you develop a team of rock stars. Establishing a solid training program for your team will ensure they stay on top of emerging technologies, improved methods, and best practices to increase sales.
4. Scheduling system: If your customers have to jump through hoops to schedule an appointment, chances are they will call your competition. At my $23 million service business, Gold Medal Service, customers can schedule appointments online or by phone. Convenience is expected of today’s consumers, and they will appreciate a scheduling system that is easy to use.
5. Scorecards: Measuring employee performance and evaluating competencies can be done through documents that I call scorecards. When evaluating members of your team, you may find that you have the wrong people in the wrong positions, or you may realize a certain employee has potential to move up within the company. Performance evaluation can kick start necessary changes for your business in the New Year.
If you want to know more about how CEO Warrior can help you unlock the secrets to business mastery in 2015, register for one of my free strategy calls today!
Mike Agugliaro, Business Warrior